- Find the magazine release button on your gun and press it to eject the magazine.
- With your other hand, hold the gun barrel down and grab the magazine with your thumb and index finger.
- Pull the magazine straight out of the gun and set it aside.
- Insert a new magazine into the gun by pushing it up into place until it clicks into place.
- Press and hold down the magazine release button to lock the new magazine in place.
- Pull back on the gun’s charging handle to chamber a new round of ammunition.
- Release the charging handle and you’re ready to fire.
Different guns have different mechanisms for emptying magazines. Instructions for how to do this should be included in the gun’s manual. If you don’t have the manual, you can usually find it online by searching for the make and model of your gun. In general, though, the process involves depressing a magazine release button or lever and then pulling the magazine out of the gun.
The steps for emptying a gun magazine are as follows:
- Remove the magazine from the gun by depressing the magazine release button.
- Hold the magazine upside down and shake it vigorously to dislodge any rounds that may still be in the magazine.
- Inspect the inside of the magazine to ensure that all rounds have been ejected.
- Replace the empty magazine in the gun and chamber a round by pulling it back on the slide.
There are a few ways to do this, but the most common is to release the magazine catch and then pull the magazine out of the gun. On some guns, the magazine release is a button on the side of the frame near the trigger guard. On others, it may be a lever that you push down or to the side. Consult your gun’s owner’s manual for specific instructions.
You can also remove a magazine by pressing down on the top round and then tilting the magazine until the round clears the feed lips and falls out. Then, simply pull the magazine out of the gun.
There are a few ways to empty a gun magazine.
One way is to hold the magazine with your thumb on the top round and use your index finger to push down each round as you eject it from the bottom of the magazine.
Another way is to hold the magazine between your thumb and first 2 fingers, then use your thumb and fingers to push down each round as you eject it from the bottom of the magazine.
A third way is to hold the magazine with one hand and use your other hand to push down each round as you eject it from the bottom of the magazine. Whichever way you choose, be sure to keep your fingers clear of the magazine release button and the path of the rounds as they are ejected.