How to refinish factory wood grips? Looking for recommendations.
If you have wood gun grips that are starting to show their age, you can refinish them to make them look new again. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to refinish wood gun grips:
- Sand the gun grip to remove any existing finish and rough up the surface. Be sure to use fine grit sandpaper so you don’t damage the wood.
- Apply a new finish to the gun grip. You can use a clear oil or varnish, or you can stain the wood a different color.
- Allow the new finish to dry completely before using the gun again.
Refinishing your wood gun grips is a great way to save money and extend the life of your favorite firearms. With a little elbow grease, you can make your gun grips look like new again!
If you’re looking to refresh your gun grips, one option is to sand and refinish them yourself. This process is relatively simple, but you’ll need to take care to avoid damaging the wood. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Begin by thoroughly cleaning your grips with a mild solvent. This will remove any dirt or oils that could interfere with the refinishing process.
- Once your grips are clean, use medium-grit sandpaper to gently sand them down. Be careful not to sand too deeply, as this could damage the wood.
- Once you’ve finished sanding, apply a thin coat of stain or varnish and let it dry completely. You may need to apply multiple coats to achieve the desired color.
- Once your stain or varnish is dry, buff it out with a soft cloth to give your gun grips a nice shine.
Refinishing your gun grips is a great way to make them look new again. With just a little bit of effort, you can have them looking great in no time!