There is no definitive answer, as each flash suppressor will have a different design. However, some tips that might help include using a wrench to hold the suppressor in place while you unscrew it, or using penetrating oil to loosen the screws. Be careful not to damage the threads on the barrel while removing the suppressor.
To remove the flash suppressor on your M&P 15-22, you will need a few tools. Specifically, you will need a 5/8″ wrench, a 3/32″ Allen wrench, and a 1/8″ drill bit. Additionally, you will need access to an air compressor to properly flush out the muzzle device once it is removed.
- First, use the 5/8″ wrench to loosen the set screw located at the base of the flash suppressor.
- Next, use the 3/32″ Allen wrench to loosen the two set screws that secure the flash hider lock ring located above the set screw.
- Once the set screws are loosened, remove the flash hider lock ring by hand.
- Finally, use the 1/8″ drill bit to slightly enlarge the two holes in the bottom of the flash suppressor. This will allow air to enter and loosen any debris that may be inside the muzzle device.
- Remove the flash suppressor from the muzzle device by hand.
- Use compressed air to flush out the muzzle device, being sure to remove any debris that may be present.
- Reinstall the flash suppressor by hand, being careful not to over-tighten the set screws.
- Use the 3/32″ Allen wrench to tighten the two set screws that secure the flash hider lock ring.
- Finally, use the 5/8″ wrench to tighten the set screw at the base of the flash suppressor.